Three Little Words by Susan Mallery
Narrator: Tanya Eby
Length: 9 hrs and 10 mins
Date Read: August 2013
Genre: Contemporary, Romance
Can first love turn into the real deal in a sizzling new Fool's Gold story from New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery? Isabel Carlisle thinks she's cursed in the romance department. Her teenage crush, Ford Hendrix, ignored all her letters. Her husband left her for another...man. So Isabel has come home to dust off her passion for fashion and run the family bridal shop until her parents are ready to sell it. Then she'll pursue her real dreams. At least, that's the plan, until sexy, charming Ford returns and leaves her feeling fourteen all over again....
Seeing Isabel all grown up hits bodyguard trainer Ford like a sucker punch. Back when heartbreak made him join the military, her sweet letters kept him sane. Now he can't take his eyes-or his lips-off her. The man who gave up on love has a reason to stay in Fool's Gold forever-if three little words can convince Isabel to do the same...
Publisher: Brilliance Audio, Harlequin HQN
Series: Fool's Gold #12
Also by this author: All Summer Long, A Fool's Gold Christmas, Just One Kiss, Two of a Kind, Christmas on 4th Street br> br>
Also in this series: All Summer Long, A Fool's Gold Christmas, Just One Kiss, Two of a Kind, Christmas on 4th Street
Read/Listened for Review (NetGalley/Brilliance Audio)
Overall Rating: 4.25
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.50
Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not part of the overall rating)
First Thought When Finished: Oh the letters! This was perhaps the first Fools Gold book that was a “totally written in the stars for many years” type of romance!
Story Thoughts: Fool’s Gold is one of those towns that I love visiting whenever I get a hankering for a contemporary romance where the women are spitfires, the men are all adorably dense (at times), and the friendships are forever. This particular story was one of friendship between the two leads (Isabel & Ford) as much as it was about the romance. They have what I would consider the most solid foundation of all the characters going into the “falling” that I have seen. It was a blast to watch them realize just how much they mean to each other.
Character Thoughts: Poor Isabel! Life has just got to turn you around once you go making plans like “only staying for a bit”, going to open my own business in the big city, and not falling in love. You should have known you were “doomed” from the start! Ford on the other hand got lucky! He couldn’t have gotten a better gal and at the rate his mother was going, he needed Isabel like a life jacket in the ocean! They were both totally solid, likable, and lovable characters.
Narrated By Tanya Eby / Length: 9 hrs and 10 mins
Tanya Eby does an excellent job with the Fool’s Gold books. I have now come to love all the little extras that she adds in her tone for the characters, their attitudes, and their emotions. I highly recommend these on audiobook.
Final Thoughts: If you haven’t visited Fool’s Gold—you really need too!
I have 2 GiveAways (both US Only):
- A Susan Mallery Bridal Kit + Copy of Three Little Words in Paperback
- A Copy of Three Little Words by Susan Mallery/Narrated by Tanya Eby on CD
- A wedding-themed bottle of OPI nail polish
- Not Your Mother’s® Rise & Shine™ Silky Smooth Shine Mist
- Manicure set (includes emery board, small and large nail clippers, tweezers, cuticle stick and nail polish remover pad)
- Heart-shaped compact mirror
- 12-piece E.L.F. eye shadow kit
- Travel makeup brush set
- Makeup remover wipes
- Lip gloss
- Travel sewing kit
- Secret® deodorant
- Razor and Gillette® Shave Gel
- Nivea Creme
- Wisps toothbrushes
- TRESemmé® hairspray
- Must fill out the Rafflecopter form below
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be from the US
- Must entry by 9-1-13 at Midnight (winners drawn 9-2)
Hosted by Kelly (http://paranormalbookreviews-kelly.blogspot.com/) and Amanda (http://onabookbender.com/)
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018 Their Rebellious Submissive Office Intrigue By: Nicole Edwards Narrated by: Tor Thom, Charley Ongel - November 13, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Rip Cord By: Jeanne St. James Narrated by: John Solo - November 12, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Tying the Scot By: Jennifer Trethewey Narrated by: Ruth Urquhart - November 11, 2020