This Year You Write Your Novel by Walter Mosley
Date Read: May 2014
No more excuses. "Let the lawn get shaggy and the paint peel from the walls," bestselling novelist Walter Mosley advises. Anyone can write a novel now, and in this essential book of tips, practical advice, and wisdom, Walter Mosley promises that the writer-in-waiting can finish it in one year. Intended as both inspiration and instruction, the book provides the tools to turn out a first draft painlessly and then revise it into something finer. Mosley tells how to:
- Create a daily writing regimen to fit any writer's needs--and how to stick to it.
- Determine the narrative voice that's right for every writer's style.
- Get past those first challenging sentences and into the heart of a story.
Publisher: Little Brown
JUST A NOTE: These are books that I have Snagged @ The Library . Some of the reviews will be long and others will just be quick thoughts on the story.
Read for Fun (Library)
Overall Rating: 4.00
Helpful Rating: 4.00
Tips Rating: 4.00
First Thought when Finished: I read This Year You Write Your Novel by Walter Mosley in one sitting!
Overall Thoughts: This book was beginning to end chalk full of helpful tips for the first time writer. It wasn’t really anything I have not heard before but the layout was simple, clean, and easy to follow. There were plenty of “note” worthy things to jot down and most of all it served the purpose of getting me excited to start writing.
Final Thoughts: Doesn’t matter what you are thinking of writing, this is a good quick reference book.
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #Promo #RomanceforRaices: A Soldier’s Christmas Wish by Vivien Arend /Narrated by Tatiana Sokolov - November 11, 2019
- #30DaysofThanks Day 10: #SultryListeners Winner Aaron Shedlock - November 11, 2019
- #30DaysofThanks Day 9: #SultryListeners Winner Teri Schnaubelt - November 10, 2019