Special Interest Displays by Finley Jayne
Hi everyone! I’m Finley Jayne, the blogger behind the eclectic book blog, Finley Jayne. I read over 100 books a year and I get all of these books from my amazing, local library! Libraries have been an important part of my life ever since I was a child, and recently the librarian who gave me my first library card also gave my daughter hers. I believe libraries play a vital role in our communities and they’re something we should all support. That’s why I’m so excited that the focus of Felicia’s blog this month is on libraries. I love it when bloggers help spread the word about how awesome libraries are!
Today I want to share one of my favorite things about my local library-special interest displays.
These displays are set up in the middle of my library and each month one or two themes are showcased. All sorts of topics are featured, both fiction and non-fiction, and they’re a great way to introduce subjects that people may not be familiar with.
Examples of recent topics displayed at my library:
- Vegan Cooking
- Beach Reads (fictional books with a summer setting)
- Local Authors
- Green Living
- Canning and Food Preservation
- DIY Projects
- Biographies and Memoirs within a Topic (Comedians, Political figures etc)
- Frugal Living
- Gluten Free Baking
- Seasonal Topics (Halloween, Christmas etc)
…and the list goes on! I’ve picked up several books from these displays and I’ve learned some interesting new things, as well as been introduced to new, favorite authors! These displays are a great way to show some of the different kinds of books that are available at the library!
Does your local library have these kind of displays? If so, what are some of the topics that you’ve seen displayed?
Felicia Here: OMG I love the getting how-to books at the library. I am having to do the DIY on my home due to budget and the library has helped with that A LOT! It has been an amazing resource for all those crafty, repair savvy, and decorating ideas. It was how I got so interested in my library again. The Specialty sections are ones I visit every time I go. The last display they had (in Plano) was on DIY curtains. I checked out two and as soon as I can dig my sewing machine out I will be trying one 🙂
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018 Their Rebellious Submissive Office Intrigue By: Nicole Edwards Narrated by: Tor Thom, Charley Ongel - November 13, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Rip Cord By: Jeanne St. James Narrated by: John Solo - November 12, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Tying the Scot By: Jennifer Trethewey Narrated by: Ruth Urquhart - November 11, 2020