Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare
Narrator: Carmen Rose
Length: 9 hrs and 39 mins
Date Read: December 2014
Your presence is requested at romantic Twill Castle for the wedding of Miss Clio Whitmore and . . . and . . . ?
After eight years of waiting for Piers Brandon, the wandering Marquess of Granville, to set a wedding date, Clio Whitmore has had enough. She's inherited a castle, scraped together some pride, and made plans to break her engagement.
Not if Rafe Brandon can help it. A ruthless prizefighter and notorious rake, Rafe is determined that Clio will marry his brother—even if he has to plan the dratted wedding himself.
So how does a hardened fighter cure a reluctant bride's cold feet?
● He starts with flowers. A wedding can't have too many flowers. Or harps. Or cakes.
● He lets her know she'll make a beautiful, desirable bride—and tries not to picture her as his.
● He doesn't kiss her.
● If he kisses her, he definitely doesn't kiss her again.
● When all else fails, he puts her in a stunning gown. And vows not to be nearby when the gown comes off.
● And no matter what—he doesn't fall in disastrous, hopeless love with the one woman he can never call his own
Publisher: Avon, HarperAudio
Series: Castles Ever After #2
Also by this author: Romancing the Duke, A Lady by Midnight, When a Scot Ties the Knot br> br>
Also in this series: Romancing the Duke, When a Scot Ties the Knot
Read/Listened for Fun (Kindle/Audible)
Last book read in 2014
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 4.75
Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not Part of the Overall Rating)
First Thought when Finished: Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare was a great way to end 2014! Rafe was so very Alpha (all protective and beat on your chest kind of way). Clio was smart as a whip (Yet she still managed to hold very well to the time–tricky to pull off but done very well). Together they made an unconventional pair that was a delight to read! I do so hope that Clio’s sister eventually will get a book (when she is a tad bit older).
Narrated By Carmen Rose / Length: 9 hrs and 39 mins
This is the 2nd Historical Romance (the other being Sophie Jordan’s Good Debutantes Guide to Ruin) that I have listened to narrated by Carmen Rose. She is becoming a narrator to watch for in my book. She handles the fine line of lady/spitfire very well!
Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, Done! Reviews
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Review: Borrowed Souls by Chelsea Mueller - April 23, 2017
- #FitReaders: Weekly Check-in April 21rst 2017 - April 21, 2017
- Audiobook Review: Hero in the Highlands by Suzanne Enoch - April 20, 2017