Hi y’all! Each week I will be featuring one of the libraries in my area. I am lucky that my town has deals with other area towns so that you can belong to more than one library. I consider myself to be a very lucky gal indeed!
This week I am featuring my branch of the Plano TX Library System:
6200 Windhaven Pkwy
Plano, TX 75093
This is a small branch of the much bigger Plano Library system but what they lack in size they make up for in personality and service. I am sure that all the Plano libraries have the same stellar service but I am partial to the ladies at my branch. They will go out of their way to be helpful! Plus they offer some great programs for everyone from kids to adults!
- Sep 20 11am Sidewalk Chalk – The sidewalk is your canvas! Create a masterpiece using chalk and your imagination. Library entrance, weather permitting
- Oct 4 3pm Movie: Tangled (PG, 100 min) – Enjoy a movie with your family and snacks from home
- Oct 18 3pm Raptors of Texas – Blackland Prairie Raptor Center introduces you to live hawks, owls and falcons. Learn up close about the characteristics that make them a top predator and why they are so important to our environment
- Oct 31 11am The Big Pumpkin Halloween – Listen to spooky stories and enjoy a puppet show, followed by trick-or-treating in the library!
- Nov 1 2–4pm Destination DART: Ride, Relax and Read! Climb aboard a SMART DART bus, see a DART police car up close, and enjoy a police canine performance. Come and go family event with information sessions at 2:30 and 3:30, plus the chance to “spin to win” a weekly promo pass and other giveaways.
One registration per family required Limited to 12 families per session
- WeDo (all ages) Families will build and program beginner robots with our LEGO WeDo kits and work as engineers, scientists and mathematicians to create and experiment Hungry Alligator – Learn about pulleys and belts as you build an alligator that will snap at your fingers! Sep 22 3pm Registration opens September 8
- Giant Escape – Learn about levers and exercise your creative storytelling skills as you build and test your own sleeping giant! Nov 25 3pm Registration opens November 11
- Mindstorms EV3 (recommended for ages 10 & up) Is your family ready for the next step in robotics? Come play together with our EV3 robotics kits and see what your robot can do EV3 Family Freestyle – In this freestyle session, you get to pick which robot you want to build! Oct 11 1–5pm Registration opens September 27
Tweens (grades 4-8)
- Oct 30 4pm FrankenFood! – Feast on disgusting delights. Create severed finger cookies, edible band-aids, and other gory snacks
Teens (grades 9-12)
- Sep 6 10am–12pm College Search – Learn about admissions, academics, housing, financial aid and student life from representatives of approx. 20 colleges
Brown Bag – Book Club (adults) 12–1:30pm Read and discuss the featured book
- Sep 25 The Art Forger by B. A. Shapiro
- Oct 23 Lawrence in Arabia: War, Deceit, Imperial Folly, and the Making of the Modern Middle East by Scott Anderson
- Nov 20 A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
Young at Heart – Book Club (ages 16 & up) 6:30–7:30pm A book club for young adult literature lovers
- Sep 8 Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Oct 6 Winger by Andrew Smith
- Nov 3 An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
So for a small branch they have a lot going on!
They have also have a great space 🙂 Here are some pictures I took earlier this week
I also make use of their great selection online programs including research materials, geneology center, and of course Overdrive and One Click Digital for all my ebook and audiobook needs!
I just love my local libraries! Next week I will be featuring the library located in Frisco TX!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Review: Rough Ride by Kristen Ashley - May 21, 2018
- Audiobook Review: If Ever I Should Love You by Cathy Maxwell - May 11, 2018
- Audiobook Review: Judgment Road by Christine Feehan - May 10, 2018