This year I am balancing my life out a bit by including more TV, Movies, Gaming, and not just books. These will be the reviews of some of the things I am watching (TV or Movies). I don’t have cable so all of these will come either through Netflix, Amazon Prime, Movie Theater, or Roku channels.
So who else binge watched this over last weekend? If you haven’t, I am going to try and not put in spoilers. I LOVED season 1 so I had high expectations going in to this season. You know what they say about expectations right? Keep those f*ckers in check!
First Thought after the credits rolled on the last episode: The character growth for every single person but Matt was freaking awesome! Matt, on the other hand, was like a petulant “woe is me” straight out of an angsty drama whiny butt!
I know that seems harsh so let’s break down what I LOVED:
- Foggy: Talk about coming into your own and realizing that you are pretty darn awesome. Foggy is the man! Despite the thing that happened. View Spoiler »I am not sure if I am on board with his career path but it might get him in other series so YEAH! « Hide Spoiler Though I did like that scene. His best moment is a spoiler but I really think he was the best character this season. View Spoiler »That opening argument in the crime of the century was pure brilliance! « Hide Spoiler
- Karen: I want to caveat this (not including the View Spoiler »Romance « Hide Spoiler! I loved that she got to show that she has useful skills. I was also really thrilled where her character arc went View Spoiler »Going to the newspaper. I think that is a great fit for her! « Hide Spoiler. I really wish that last scene did not happen though (have to watch to know what I am talking about) View Spoiler »I think him revealing who he was–well was more for him than her! « Hide Spoiler
- Fisk: Let’s just say his particular brand evil is fun to watch
- Sgt Brett: I am liking his character more and more!
- Frank Castle: The Punisher was pretty awesome though I didn’t like the first few episodes. By the end they had flushed out his character and I hope he gets his own series (or at least a Netflix movie)
- Mitchell: Awesome guy! Seriously I hope he is in season 3 more!
What I am on the fence about:
- Elektra: The actress was great but the whole storytelling surrounding her could have perhaps been told in two seasons. I think there were two major storylines and neither got enough time. It could have been better.
- Mentor Guy (Stick): I felt the same last season. I don’t think they are using him enough. That kind of goes hand-in-hand with Elektra!
What I am really sad about:
- Freaking Matt: Seriously, on almost every level he turned into a petulant teenager. Examples: Not showing up for his job when he should, romance angst, the sheer # of “woe is me, no one understands” monologues, not listening, doing stupid sh*t because he is Daredevil, and finally what he did to his friendships. Other than he looked like an adult, I am pretty sure he was channeling his inner-15 year old the ENTIRE season. Up to the last freaking scene.
Final Thoughts: I will be watching season 3 for every single person but Matt. He will have to do a lot of growing up to get back into my good side!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Blogger Confession: Seasoned Romance (My love of it)! - March 18, 2019
- #FitReaders: Join us for March 2019 - March 1, 2019
- Early Donna’s Review: The Wayward Bride by Anna Bradley - February 20, 2019