Howdy y’all! This week I am highlighting my town’s library: The Colony Public Library! It is a small library but they are a huge part of the community.
How I use the Library:
I have mostly used The Colony Public Library for their online offerings. They have an amazing Overdrive selection, research resources, and online classes! Some things I found just because they have an amazing online resources page.
Here are some of my favorites
- North Texas Libraries on the Go (Overdrive)
Events & Community Fun
- Back to Hogwarts (October 18th) –check out the flickr photos from last year
- Recycled Book Crafts (September 20th)
- Teen Anime Fall Party (September 27th)
- “The Next Chapter” Book Club Begins 9/24 with Author Chat
September 24: The Opposite of Maybe by Maddie Dawson. We will chat with Maddie by phone during this book club session! October 22: Me Before You by JoJo Moyes November 19: Defending Jacob by William Landay December 17: Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen
- Family LegoMania (September 20th)
- Popular books are easier to get inside the library because it is small. The waiting lists tend to be smaller.
- The Librarians are super nice and will talk to you about anything. They really do want feedback!
- Last year I did my World Book Night giveaway there–they promoted it and made it an event. It was so much fun and the kids were excited for a chance to get Percy Jackson
Overall I love my local library! Do you use your online resources? Were you aware of the variety of online services?
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #FitReaders: Weekly Check-in Oct 20 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Audiobook Review: So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks @StMartinsPress @recordedbooks - October 19, 2017
- Rate It File It Review: Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis @avonbooks - October 19, 2017