This year I am balancing my life out a bit by including more TV, Movies, Gaming, and not just books. These will be the reviews of some of the things I am watching (TV or Movies). I don’t have cable so all of these will come either through Netflix, Amazon Prime, Movie Theater, or Roku channels.
Show: Jessica Jones
Watched: November 2015
# of Episodes: 13
Confession: I used to be a TV junkie until I gave up cable 4 years ago. I had loads and loads of shows that I would not miss. However, since giving up cable I have slowly moved to just watching TV in bulk. I don’t watch anything that is on cable anymore (I used to to try and keep up with Walking Dead/Grimm). I have fallen in love with binge watching series that are short in nature. I don’t even mind waiting for the next series since it gives me something to look forward too and I have kept my list to a minimum. Jessica Jones is one of those series that I fell in love with and glad I binge watched!
Jessica Jones was one of those hit the ground running series. In fact, if anything the last episode was the least explosive in the whole series. I loved the balance of story and action. Sometimes with “super-hero” stories there is way more action than story BUT Netflix has done great with both Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Plus, I just flat-out like Jessica, Trish, and Luke. I even loved to loath Kilgrave! David Tennant played creepy so very well that I NEVER EVER want to be trapped in an elevator with him. (I have only seen Christopher E. Dr. Who–I am more of a Torchwood girl). Overall I totally give this series a must see if you like dark humor, snarky leading ladies, and loads of kick-ass action. Also, Jessica is quite a darn good P.I. and that totally is what sold me overall.
- AKA Ladies Night – Very catchy beginning! This episode should be able to tell you if the series if for you. It showed Jessica in all her facets and the pacing was pretty much what you can expect from the rest.
- AKA Crush Syndrome
- AKA It’s Called Whiskey
- AKA 99 Friends – This was probably my favorite episode!
- AKA The Sandwich Saved Me
- AKA You’re a Winner!
- AKA Top Shelf Perverts – Second favorite episode!
- AKA WWJD? – Most emotional episode for me.
- AKA Sin Bin
- AKA 1,000 Cuts
- AKA I’ve Got the Blues
- AKA Take a Bloody Number
- AKA Smile – Though this was the strangest pacing of an episode in the series, I still felt this was a good ending for this storyline. I know many people disagree but overall it worked for me.
I totally recommend this series!
- #FitReaders: Join us for July 2020 - July 1, 2020
- June is Audiobook Month:2012 Romantic Suspense Winner Kaleo Griffith - June 7, 2020
- June is Audiobook Month:2012 PNR Sultry Listeners Winner: Lorelei King - June 6, 2020