After this past week I would call myself a geek, nerd, and dork because I have honestly hit the trifecta on things I have had to figure out. Some of it was self-imposed and other parts had to do with just the learning curve that came with learning a new platform.
I am pretty tech savvy so in many ways this was kind of fun. In other ways, it was completely frustrating. That being said, I do like the WordPress platform much better and I think it will suit my needs much more than Blogger did.
I am still working through my list of stuff that makes the site 100% functional.
- Menu(at the moment missing if you notice across the top). This is a big one because it ties to categories and some automation that I want. I really wanted to map this out on paper because it is going to require going through all 1200+ posts I have. I only want to do this once so I played around with some ideas this weekend and I think I am ready to start knocking it out. I have done about 26 posts and it is going to work well.
- Tags/SEO: This took some thought too because I want to do it at the same time as I am doing the categories. In other words, I am trying to minimize the amount of work even though it is going to be a boat load!
- Graphics within Posts: I made the decision to bring them all over to WordPress. This is going to be done while the Categorizing/Tagging is happening. This is not a necessary step but I don’t want to chance leaving them over on Picasa.
- Sliders: I am playing with these!
- RSS Feeds–they changed and I don’t think there is much I can do other than beg people to resubscribe LOL: http://www.geekybloggersbookblog.com/feed/
- Subscribe by email: Again that changed and you will need to sign up again
- A few other little things but those may wait till the next Bloggiesta!
I missed you guys! I am now over on the dark side —-wish me luck LOL
- Leave a comment telling me you found me
- Do this by April 15th at midnight
- Give me good work vibes cause I still have a ton to do :)
The Giveaway: 1 book of your choice up to $15 from Book Depository (int) or Amazon (us)! Good LUCK!
© 2012 – 2013, Geeky Bloggers Book Blog.