Headed for Trouble by Suzanne Brockmann
Narrator: Melanie Ewbank, Patrick Lawlor
Length: 10 hrs and 26 mins
Date Read: May 2013
Genre: PNR, Romance
New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann, whom USA Today calls “the reigning queen of military suspense,” breaks out a rapid-fire collection of pulse-pounding, heart-tugging stories and novellas featuring the intrepid men and women of Troubleshooters Inc., fiction’s hottest ultimate counterterrorism squad.
• Tough-as-nails Troubleshooters operative Sam Starrett learns the agony of loving someone in danger—and the hell of waiting on the home front—as his wife, Alyssa, hurtles into a foreign hotspot that’s about to boil over.
• Navy SEAL Frank O’Leary’s ill-fated holiday reunion with his older brother takes a turn for the better—when a chance encounter on a rainy New Orleans street gives Frank a reason to be thankful after all.
• In a maze of tunnels deep beneath a military base in Germany, Jules Cassidy, Alyssa Locke, and their comrades in arms match wits with terrorists on a mission with explosive consequences.
Plus more never-before-released adventures featuring Jenk, Izzy, Gillman, Lopez, Kenny, Savannah, and other members of SEAL Team 16—along with Suzanne Brockmann’s exclusive interviews with her beloved characters.
Looking for the best kind of trouble? You’ve found it.
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Series: Troubleshooters #16.5
Read/Listened for Review (Edelweiss/Brilliance)
Overall Rating: Blank
Story Rating: Blank
Character Rating: Blank
Audio Rating: 4.25 (This is what I rated since I listened to 4 hours of this audiobook and feel like I have a good handle on the narration)
NOTE: I haven’t read the Troubleshooters series but thought I would give this one a go anyway. I love romantic suspense and these are on my wish list!
What this book made me want: To move those suckers up on my TBR pile. The women in this series are seriously kick ass! The men are tough men that make you want to get to know more about them.
Would I recommend Headed for Trouble: YES! Actually I think if you have any attention of reading the Troubleshooters series pick this up before you start. You can read the novellas as you read the series.
Would I recommend reading it before you read the series: NO! I actually think you are probably missing out on some insiders perspective. I do think it is a great introduction to the characters but since the stories jump around you might get “spoilers” such as I know who dies in book 3 now. (That is not a complaint, I knew that I would probably find out story things by listening to this. I don’t actually mind spoilers.)
Narrated by Patrick Lawlor and Melanie Ewbank/Running Time: 10 hours and 33 min
I loved the narration. I thought both Patrick and Melanie did a great job with their characters and emotions. The only drawback though was that Patrick’s women’s voices weren’t my favorite and while Melanie did OK with the male voices, I wasn’t sold. I think because there was a male and female narrator it made that stand out a little more. However, I think for stand alone narration they were pretty darn good.
Final Thoughts: I say give this one a whirl if you have read the Troubleshooter series. I think you will love the extra perspectives 🙂
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #SultryListeners Contemporary Romance Semi-Finals Sept 20-22nd @mlsimmons #LoveAudiobooks - September 20, 2017
- #LoveMyLibraryCard Confession: I’m not good with Author Aliases- My not that Jessica tale 🙂 - September 19, 2017
- In My Ear: Audiobook Releases - September 12, 2017