#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in January 2 2015
Hey FitReaders! It is time for your weekly check-in (feel free to use whatever day you want to check-in–these posts will be going up on Fridays)! How are you doing this week? Did you get a day, 2 days, 3 days of exercise? Are you on track with your other health goals! I am so very proud of you for making the effort to get heart healthy and putting exercise in your life. We can do it!
This week I am talking goals (since check-in is on day 2)! I don’t believe in resolutions. I know the beginning of the year is a great time to make changes but an all or nothing attitude has never worked for me (in fact in makes me burn out quick). I do have goals that I would like work towards though!
- Last year I worked up to averaging (note the word average) 8000 steps a day (I give myself two rest days a week–Fri and Sun). I would like to continue this goal with working up to 9000 steps a day average!
- I would like to do a 5k each quarter working up to a 10k before the end of the year!
- At the holidays (starting Dec 16th) I started out at a weight of 203.2 and ended the holidays (yesterday) at 200.1. I would like towards my goal of 170 and get at least 15 pounds gone this year. That doesn’t sound like a lot but my lowest weight ever since I was 16 (and I am now 43) was 186. My highest weight was around 304 in the year 2002 though I was that heavy for at least 8 years. I have been around 200 for 10 years now which has shown me that I can keep weight off. My dream weight has always been 170 and I feel it is time to strive towards that. However, I don’t diet because the second I focus on food, I gain. If I had to say I have an addiction it would be food–I think about it, I want to eat it. So my plan is get active, modify my eating (but not restrict), and find alternatives to my favorite snacks. This is why I am only aiming for half my weight loss this year and the other half next year!
- Keep up with #FitReaders all year long and track my progress!
What are your goals?
Want More Information? Click here and grab the button below!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.geekybloggersbookblog.com/fitreaderspage/" title="Geeky Bloggers Book Blog"><img src="http://www.geekybloggersbookblog.com/wp-content/uploads/FitReaders2015.jpg" alt="Geeky Bloggers Book Blog" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Don’t forget to add your name to the linky to throw your name in the hat! Leave a comment with your progress so that we can all cheer you on!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Audiobook Review:Six Impossible Things by Elizabeth Boyle - April 27, 2017
- Audiobook Review: The Unyielding by Shelly Laurenston - April 26, 2017
- In My Ear: Audiobook Releases April 25 2017 HUGE Release Week - April 25, 2017