#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in Jan 1, 2016
Hey FitReaders! It is time for your weekly check-in (feel free to use whatever day you want to check-in–these posts will be going up on Fridays)! How are you doing this week? Did you get a day, 2 days, 3 days of exercise? Are you on track with your other health goals! I am so very proud of you for making the effort to get heart healthy and putting exercise in your life. We can do it!
I am going to list my Jan goals! I am not much at making resolutions but I do like to make monthly goals! This month my original goals I had to rethink when I hurt my foot a few weeks ago. The stitches come out on Saturday and then I have two more weeks of light activity (probably even a little lighter than when the stitches were in so I don’t tear it open again). However I can still do arm, back, and other types of exercises.
- No Fitbit worn in January. My doctor and I both think that I have formed the habit of moving enough naturally but avoid any exercises that I can’t get steps in. Since I am in my mid-40s strength training is essential so we will see how I do without wearing the device.
- Weight today and at the end of the month (I will explain more in my food goals below)
- Work out 4 days a week with strength and cardio (after foot heals).
- Have recovery walks 3 days a week.
Food Goals: January is my concentrate on re-habitizing myself to cooking my own meals made of real un-processed food. Starting Jan 4th I am going all “perimeter” of the store–basically meats, veggies, and the like. I would call what I am doing light Paleo since I will probably still have some quinoa and milk in my diet.
- Meal Plan every week!
- Concentrate on how I feel vs what the scale says (so no weighing in every morning–in fact just beginning and end of 30 day experiment)
- Grocery Shopping on Sundays –make a point to hit Sprouts for fresher veggies.
So what are your goals for Jan?
Want More Information? Click HERE (This will also give you the information about the Virtual 5K/10K Series)
Don’t forget that we also have a Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitreaders/