Hi guys! Dewey’s Read-a-Thon is this weekend and initially I thought I would have to skip. I haven’t missed a Dewey’s in 6 years and so I was sad. See I am going to be driving from Texas to Indiana on Saturday. I had to figure out a way to participate even if I know it won’t be for the full 24 hours. I decided that I could audiobook my trip and do my check-ins on Instagram instead of the blog.
So this means I had to figure out how my charity donation would be calculated.
Charity (Lone Star Rescue–the group I foster for):
- Since I figure I would only get 12 hours in on Saturday–I am going to start with a base of $25 for donation. That will be $2 for the hours that I miss!
- I will donate $1 for every hour that I listen during the trip.
- I will donate $5 for every state that I pass through during Dewey’s (if I leave Friday night that might only be 3)
- I will donate $0.10 for every comment on FB & Instragram (since my check-ins will post to both)
- I will donate $2.50 for each audiobook finished (I am going to count Friday night if I leave early because I likely will only finish 1 or 2)
- I will donate $0.05 for each entry/comment on my Hour 10 (Character Road Tripping) challenge that I am hosting! That should be fun–you get to take your favorite character on a road trip!
See y’all Saturday!