Recently I attended two DFWTea Reader Events: Joanne Fluke and Julia London. They were both a blast! I have to admit that haven’t read much by either author but they are now firmly on my to try list for this summer.
Can I just say what a delight Joanne Fluke was? She was spunky, fun, and truly loves what she does! She told really fun stories surrounding her books, the writing process, and how long we can expect the series to go on (at least 4 more books). The foodie in me was delighted to hear that all the recipes are tried and true. She gets some from fans and some from her “old shoebox” of recipes. Her tip in hunting out a great recipe: Always pick the card that is the messiest! Isn’t that the truth? That means it is well used and loved!
Picture Roundup (Clockwise):
- We got autographed Blackberry Pie Murder books from Joanne!
- She was delightful and always smiling
- We got delicious desserts all from recipes in the books
- Hanging with friends is what makes these events fun (w/Summer)
Julia London was just flat out fun. I have read a few of her books (the contemporary ones) but evidently it is the historical books that I need to give a whirl. The Trouble with Honor sounds right up my alley! The tea was lively, I made new friends, and she gave away prizes. Of course, I totally didn’t win any of those BUT I did get to sit with friends so I was a big winner!
Photo Roundup (From the top then left to right):
- The Trouble with Honor and the Audiobooks I brought in to get signed!
- My dress matched Honor’s Dress (though you can’t see it in the picture)
- Julia answering questions (she was fun and quick on her feet)
- The hardest working Assistant ever: My pal Nit
- Mindy and I before the humidity struck!
- Julia answering more questions and giving away goodies!
- Summer and I after the humidity hit!
It was another delightful few weeks here in Dallas! I know I have said it before but my town is so gosh darn romance reader friendly! I LOVE IT!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Donna’s Review: The Highlander’s Norse Bride by Cathy MacRae - March 21, 2018
- In My Ear: Audiobook Releases March 20 2018 + Romance Package Picks! - March 20, 2018
- Donna’s Review: Lost to a Spy by Sharon Cullen - March 14, 2018