Dewey’s 24 Hour #ReadAThon Spring 2015: Finish Line
- Current Book Reading: Death’s Rival by Faith Hunter (started as I petered out)
- Books Finished: Burn for Me by Cynthia Eden, Lemon Pies and Little White lies by Ellery Adams, Pretty Deadly (Graphic Novel), Witchblade (Graphic Novel-DNF)
- Current Book Listening: The Dead Lands by Benjamin Percy (barely listened too but so far good)
- Audiobook Finished: Predator One by Jonathan Maberry
Mini-Challenge Winner: Shaina reads.
End of the #ReadAThon Wrap-Up:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? 16 but I knew after my work project that I was lucky to get that far!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I read all over the place this year and honestly all of my reads were good (only one didn’t work). I think mixing up the genres really helped me make it as far as I did!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope! I think at this time you are a well-oiled machine
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? All the hosts brought their A-Game!
- How many books did you read? 2 Books, 2 Graphic Novels, 1 Audiobook
- What were the names of the books you read? Burn for Me by Cynthia Eden, Lemon Pies and Little White lies by Ellery Adams, Pretty Deadly (Graphic Novel), Witchblade (Graphic Novel-DNF), Predator One by Jonathan Maberry
- Which book did you enjoy most? Predator One by Jonathan Maberry
- Which did you enjoy least? Witchblade (Graphic Novel-DNF)
If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would be a reader! I am really hoping that next time I will be in my usual readathon state of mind. I also think being more social slowed my reading down so I would need to evaluate which is better. I may just have to limit social next time.I am usually not social at all during the readathon so that may have worked against me.
18 hours! If I make 18 hours I will be doing a happy dance.(Only made 17)
3 full books, 3 graphic novels/novellas (any DNF or set asides will get $1.50 to charity)(Only Finished 2 of Each)
- 1.5 hours of exercise (this is 5 min an hour which is always a good idea) NAILED IT and then some!
- 1 Audiobook finished (ok so it will be the one that I am almost done with but it will count) NAILED IT!
- Checking in on Twitter occasionally (I tend to be very non-social during the readathon but I am going to TRY this time a little bit) 🙂 NAILED IT!
Charity Total: $101.95 round up to $105.00 (both organizations received this amount). Total amount donated to charity for April 2015 is $210.00
I am reading for RALC (Richardson Adult Literacy Center) AND Missions for WGM (specifically the Manuelito Project which helps children on the streets of Honduras) in honor of Justin (son of Sheila from Book Journey). Here is how my totals are determined:
- $3 for each book read: $12 + $1.50 = 13.50
- $3 for each hour listened (this is great for getting up and doing some exercise to keep the blood pumping): $9
- 10 cents for each comment (on any Dewey’s Post: Twitter, FB, Instagram, Blog): 110 (Blog) + 4 (FB) + 7 (Instagram) + 30 (Twitter)= $15.10
- 5 cents for every like (on any Dewey’s Post: Twitter, FB, Instagram,): 66 (Twitter) + 99 (FB) + 145 (Instagram)= $15.50
- 5 cents for every entry in my mini-challenge (Hour 13 which I think is 7pm CST will confirm): 235 Entries = $11.85
- $5 for each hour missed: 7 Hours Missed = $35
- 10 cents for every Tweet, FB, or Google Plus Share of this charity post: 20 = $2.00
I would call this a WIN! Even coming off of project and getting ready for vacation I was able to earn some money for charity and have a great time while doing it. Now to rest up for the next one 🙂
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #FitReaders: Weekly Check-in April 28th 2017 - April 28, 2017
- Audiobook Review:Six Impossible Things by Elizabeth Boyle - April 27, 2017
- Audiobook Review: The Unyielding by Shelly Laurenston - April 26, 2017