Howdy y’all! It is almost time for the Spring 2015 Dewey’s #ReadaThon (this Saturday). Are you ready? I admit that this one my goals are a little different but a little on that later!
First: I will be reading for two charities this time. Originally I was going to split the donation between the two but have decided that I will take some of my RT money instead making matching donations to both!
As most of you know, one of our own-Sheila from Book Journey– lost her son two weeks ago to a tragic car accident. Justin was evidently an amazing person (not surprised since his mom is) and did a lot of good in the world. One of the things he did was volunteer and go on Missions for WGM (specifically the Manuelito Project which helps children on the streets of Honduras). So I will be making a donation to WGM in honor of Justin!
My normal spring read charity is also on the table: RALC (Richardson Adult Literacy Center). They do a lot of good here in the DFW area and I really love their program.
How I determine my total charity give:
- $3 for each book read
- $3 for each hour listened (this is great for getting up and doing some exercise to keep the blood pumping)
- 10 cents for each comment (on any Dewey’s Post: Twitter, FB, Google+, Instagram, Blog)
- 5 cents for every entry in my mini-challenge (Hour 13 which I think is 7pm CST will confirm)
- $5 for each hour missed (which should be around $30 since I am aiming for 18 hours)
- 10 cents for every Tweet, FB, or Google Plus Share of this charity post
My goals are not as lofty as they usually are because I AM TIRED from my big work project that went live last weekend. It was an exhausting year having that come to fruition and as always that last push was the hardest.
- 18 hours! If I make 18 hours I will be doing a happy dance.
- 3 full books, 3 graphic novels/novellas (any DNF or set asides will get $1.50 to charity)
- 1.5 hours of exercise (this is 5 min an hour which is always a good idea)
- 1 Audiobook finished (ok so it will be the one that I am almost done with but it will count)
- Checking in on Twitter occasionally (I tend to be very non-social during the readathon but I am going to TRY this time a little bit) 🙂
So I think I am ready (other than all the prepping of posts and grocery store run I need to do)! How about you?