Another Dewey’s has come and gone! This was by far my most successful one to date 🙂
- Hours Participated: 21
- Hours Reading: 19
- Books Read 4.5
- Mini-Challange Hosted
- 3 Mini-Challenges Participated In
- $125 in Charity Donations to Richardson Adult Literacy Center (total of comments, FB Likes/comments, mini-challenge entries, books read, hours read)
- Picture taken every hour to document the ReadAThon (Instagram addiction)
- 8800 Steps on my Fitbit (moving really helped keep me awake and alert)
I had a blast and pretty sure that next time I can make the whole 24 hours!
- Which hour was most daunting for you? 20! I knew the second I caved in to a blanket that I was going downhill fast but it was calling my name y’all!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I really had the most success with quick, fun reads. Those are different for everyone but Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown and Rescue My Heart by Jill Shavis were perfect for late in the thon when I was tired!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I actually thought this year went pretty smoothly. I would say perhaps more getting the word out before hand for those that don’t watch the site.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I thought it went smoothly! It was fun and I think the challenges were quick and easy as to not take too much time from reading!
- How many books did you read? 4.5
- What were the names of the books you read? Mark of the Sylph by Rosalie Lario, Warrior Avenged by Addison Fox, Chances Are by Christy Reece, Rescue My Heart by Jill Shavis, and Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown ! All 5 were good reads!
- Which book did you enjoy most? TIE: Rescue My Heart by Jill Shavis and Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown
- Which did you enjoy least? Mark of the Sylph by Rosalie Lario (it wasn’t bad though)
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Oh I am already counting down to next time 🙂 Reader and Challenge host hopefully 🙂
Till Next Time Y’all!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile