Ok Y’all! The Read-a-Thon is done and it was so much fun! I made it to somewhere between hour 20 and 21 (not sure because I fell asleep while reading)–that is a record for me. I had a total of 17.5 hours reading time! WOOT!
I am going to be counting the comments on this post towards my final charity giving amount but here is where we stand right now:
17 hours= $17
3 total books= $6 (I am counting the 1/2 of Iron Kissed and 1/2 of Lover Reborn as 1)
134 comments= $33.50
Total so far: 56.50
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 19! I am not a night person and don’t think I have seen 2 am in FOREVER!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think reading a series is what kept me hooked during the read-a-thon! This time it was a new series to me: Mercy Thompson
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I had fun! I did more mini-challenges this year! I think just better word of mouth so more people can participate.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? This is my 4th one so I think being more comfortable with the setup helped. I did like how the hourly posts were on time and available!
- How many books did you read? 2 complete books and 1/2 of a third/1/2 of an audio
- What were the names of the books you read? Moon Called, Blood Bound, and Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs. Listened to 4 hours of Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
- Which book did you enjoy most? Moon Called
- Which did you enjoy least?Iron Kissed (too much love triangle for my tastes)
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was a cheerleader one year and I know it is hard work. I think if there were a set of twitter cheerleaders and then set of blog cheerleaders that would be fun.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely do it again. I think I will make it a point to get up and move every hour for 5 min. Just take a little quick break. Also I think every 3 hours take a 20 min break. I think I could make it all 24 hours then!
Later today I am going to be visiting blogs! I can’t wait to see the results from all the mini-challenges! They were quite FUN!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Donna’s Review: The Bride Got Lucky by Janna MacGregor - December 12, 2017
- Donna’s Review: Christmas in Kiltsby Bronwen Evans, Terri Brisbin , Lecia Cornwall, Lavinia Kent, May McGoldrick - December 11, 2017
- Donna’s Review: A Secret Scottish Christmas by Regan Walker - December 8, 2017