It is almost that time again! Oct 18th is the date for Dewey’s 24 ReadAThon Fall Edition and I am reading for charity again 🙂
This time I am going to switch it up a bit since I am a bit on the broke side. I am going to be reading for charity donations and dollars! Plus I think this is the perfect opportunity to show that there are several ways to give back!
Here is my plan:
Charity: I am reading for my 3 local libraries (Frisco, The Colony, and Plano)
How I am going to do it:
- 3 books donated for each book read (1 to each library)
- 1 Audiobooks for each hour listened (1 to each library)
- .10 cents for each comment (divided between the libraries)
- I hope I get picked to do the mini-challenge again: .10 cents for every entry in my mini-challenge (divided between the libraries)
- $6 for each hour missed ($2 for each library)
- Comments on this post .10 cents
How you can get involved:
- Read for charity yourself. I did a warm up post last time that can help you with that. (Let me know if you do because I will highlight you at every 4 hour check-in)
- Comment during the ReadAThon
- Sponsor me for an hour, 2 hours, whatever. You can give to the charity of your choice (or my libraries) but this way you aren’t in for the whole time and it gives me extra incentive.
- Get the word out about reading for charity! Make it a mission!
- Donate time to the ReadAThon. Be a cheerleader and make sure to visit the blogs reading for charity to give them energy
Can’t wait till October!