Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon is this weekend and there is still time to go sign up! This will be my 5th time participating as a reader and I am really looking forward to this weekend.
As always, I am reading for charity. This time it is for the Richardson Adult Literacy Center!
How I do this:
- Every book read is worth $2 donation (I usually get about 5 done)
- Every comment on an update post, intro post, and mini-challenge post (I am hosting one too) is worth .50 cents
- Every hour read is worth $1 (last time I got in 16 hours but aiming for 18 this time)
- This time: Every entry into my mini-challenge post (Hour 4) is worth .50 cents
Hopefully I will be donating around $50 to charity 🙂 Feel free to make my pocket book hurt!
Things I do to prep:
- Friday Night Grocery Store Run and Food Prep! For me this will involve a run to Trader Joes and BBQ run for Saturday Night Dinner!
- Early to bed on Friday Night! I always plan to get a full 8 hours before the read-a-thon starts!
- Loading up the Kindle! I have to admit that for this read-a-thon I am trying to give myself a LOT of variety to keep it fresh. I am not going to make a list–that kills me every time.
- Get my sister to watch the dogs on Saturday (which she has agreed to do)
- Make sure I have “posts” ready to go so that I can do quick updates to them instead of spending time posting.
- Morning of: Run to Sonic for 4 Rt 44 Unsweet Ice Teas with Extra Ice! This is my drink of choice and they keep well in the fridge!
Are you ready?
- #FitReaders: Join us for December 2020 - December 1, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018 Their Rebellious Submissive Office Intrigue By: Nicole Edwards Narrated by: Tor Thom, Charley Ongel - November 13, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Rip Cord By: Jeanne St. James Narrated by: John Solo - November 12, 2020