Happy Dinner time Y’all (or at least here in Texas)! This will the tracking post for hours 11 to 15 for Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon!
I will be concentrating on reading for these hours so probably no mini-challenges but I will be doing a picture every hour 🙂
As always, I am reading for charity. This time it is for the Richardson Adult Literacy Center!
How I do this:
- Every book read is worth $2 donation (I usually get about 5 done)
- Every comment on an update post, intro post, and mini-challenge post (I am hosting one too) is worth .50 cents
- Every hour read is worth $1 (last time I got in 16 hours but aiming for 18 this time)
- This time: Every entry into my mini-challenge post (Hour 4) is worth .50 cents
Hopefully I will be donating around $50 to charity 🙂 Feel free to make my pocket-book hurt!
Hour 11 Check-In
I am going to spend the next hour soaking in the sun! It isn’t warm enough to get in the pool but I can lay outside beside it. It is so nice to have sun without it being a 1000 degrees. We don’t get many days like this here in Texas and I am enjoying it! This is also the part of the read-a-thon (the next few hours) where I really try to churn out my reads so I am online less! That switches in hours 16 to 20 when I need the stimulation 🙂 Have a good hour y’all!
Hour 11 Photo
Hour 12 Check-In
Starting the HalfWay Hour! I am really enjoying Iced Chiffon (TOTALLY FUNNY) and it is a perfect choice for the readathon. It is also perfect for what I chose for dinner: Mac N Cheese! Southern Comfort Food and Southern Humor are a fantastic combo 🙂
Hour 12 Photo
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I have been pretty active so I am not sleepy. I make sure to walk 500 steps an hour and that has helped!
2) What have you finished reading? Warrior Ascended by Addison Fox and Mark of the Sylph
3) What is your favorite read so far? Warrior Ascended by Addison Fox
4) What about your favorite snacks? Cream Cheese/Picante Sauce mixed in a tortilla 🙂 NOM!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I visited every blog from my mini-challenge! So many new to me and fantastic! I love the depth of book bloggers in the world 🙂
Charity Totals so far: $98.50 (This is AWESOME! Double what I thought I would do!)
- FB Total: $23:00
- Comment Total: $19.50
- Mini-Challenge Total: $41.00
- Books Read: $4.00
- Hours Read: $11.00
Just made my donation to Richardson Adult Literacy Center for the first 12 hours of the Dewey’s Read-a-Thon 🙂 I am proud to say that it was 2 times what I thought I would do for the whole thing!
This email confirms that you have donated $98.50 USD to Richardson Adult Literacy Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) using PayPal.
Hour 13 Check-In
This will be my second hour to take off! I need to go get more Ice Tea and possibly a fully caffeinated beverage 🙂 Then we are settled in for the rest of the night for reading and mayhem!
Hour 13 Photo
Hour 14: Still Going!
Reading : Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown (Hopefully finishing this hour)
Hour 14 Photo
I am depending on Pandora to give me an energy boost! I did go grab 2 more Rt 44 Ice Teas so that should help too 🙂
We have officially hit the longest I have ever made it in this readathon and I plan on making it all the way through if I can 🙂 At the very least I would like to make it to 2am my time! 🙂
I am almost done with Iced Chiffon (my reading is getting slower) and it is freaking hilarious! LOVE IT!
Hour 15 Photo
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018 Their Rebellious Submissive Office Intrigue By: Nicole Edwards Narrated by: Tor Thom, Charley Ongel - November 13, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Rip Cord By: Jeanne St. James Narrated by: John Solo - November 12, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Tying the Scot By: Jennifer Trethewey Narrated by: Ruth Urquhart - November 11, 2020