Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-A-Thon: Charity, Books, & Challenge
Dewey’s is this weekend y’all! Are you ready? This is what I looked like around the clock in April:
This time I am hoping for 20 out of 24 hour participation! I already know of 2 hours that I have to be out of the house due to a birthday party but otherwise I should be good. I am depending on my dogs to keep me up for the 24 hours (they will fail miserably at staying up themselves).
I am reading for Charity again this time! Last time I made $125 for Richardson Adult Literacy Center. This time I am going to read for the Love on Wheels Transport Program.
How it works (I will be mixing audiobooks and ebooks)
- $5 for each book read
- $5 for each hour listened (this is great for getting up and doing some exercise to keep the blood pumping)
- 25 cents for each comment
- 25 cents for every entry in my mini-challenge (8pm CST is when that happens)
- $5 for each hour missed (This will be at least 2)
Books! Dude this is one area that I have learned not to plan (though I don’t recommend this tactic to most). I am such a mood reader that I pretty much just have to follow my mood. I will be at home for this read-a-thon so I will have all my books! ALL OF THEM! I am charging my kindle in advance.
Challenge: I am hosting a challenge again y’all! Just a heads up to start thinking about what your favorite book is and who your dream narrator would be! I thought it would be something fun and quick everyone could participate in. I would like Karl Urban to narrate Lonesome Dove. Won’t happen but it would be awesome!
Hope to see y’all Saturday! At the very least stop by and cost me money 🙂
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #30DaysOfThanks2017 Day 23: Marian Hussey #LoveAudiobooks - November 23, 2017
- #30DaysOfThanks2017 Day 22: Tangled Up in Tinsel by Candis Terry - November 22, 2017
- #30DaysOfThanks2017 Day 22 Narrator: Rachel Fulginiti #LoveAudiobooks - November 22, 2017