Good Morning Y’all (or at least here in Texas)! It is time for Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon to begin and I am chomping at the bit!
As always, I am reading for charity. This time it is for the Richardson Adult Literacy Center!
How I do this:
- Every book read is worth $2 donation (I usually get about 5 done)
- Every comment on an update post, intro post, and mini-challenge post (I am hosting one too) is worth .50 cents
- Every hour read is worth $1 (last time I got in 16 hours but aiming for 18 this time)
- This time: Every entry into my mini-challenge post (Hour 4) is worth .50 cents
Hopefully I will be donating around $50 to charity 🙂 Feel free to make my pocket book hurt!
I will be hosting a mini-challenge for hour 4 so remember to stop back by for a chance to stretch your brain and maybe win a prize!
7am CST: Starting Line
First Book Up: Mark of the Sylph by Rosalie Lario (I am at the 50% mark)
After that I will probably try a first in series. I could do really well if I find a series that strikes my fancy 🙂
On the mark, get set, go!
Hour 1 Photo:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?North Texas where the weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and 80 degrees! Patio Reading!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Sons of Zodiac series by Addison Fox! It has been on my TBR forever.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? My watermelon! NOM NOM!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am silly, goofy, and reading for charity!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I actually am doing this readathon from another location this time. I left everyone at home and for the next 24 hours it is all about reading 🙂
Hour 2 Check-In
Still reading Mark of the Sylph but should finish it up this hour! WOOT WOOT!
Hour 2 Photo:
Book Spine Poetry Challenge by Scuffed Slippers and Wormy Books
In Rides Trouble
as The Shadow Reader
Rescues My Heart
from the Warrior Enchanted
Thank You Julie Anne Walker, Sandy Williams, Jill Shavis, and Addison Fox for the great titles!
Hour 3 Check-In
Finished Mark of the Sylph and now starting Warrior Ascended by Addison Fox
Hour 3 Photo (there are cinnamon rolls in my future):
Hour 4 Check-In
I took a 20 min walking break so I only got 30 min of reading in during hour 3! I am still reading Warrior Ascended by Addison Fox. I am early into the book but I really like the basis!
Don’t forget to visit my mini-challenge starting in hour 4 🙂
Hour 4 Photo:
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #JIAM18 Month Spotlight Series: Weather Warden by @rachelcaine #DinaPearlman#LoveAudiobooks - June 20, 2018
- #JIAM18 Month Spotlight Series: The Embraced by @kerrelynsparks #JillTanner#LoveAudiobooks - June 19, 2018
- #JIAM18 Month Spotlight Series: @Mercys_Garage Alpha & Omega, Mercy Thompson @LoreleiKing Holter Graham #LoveAudiobooks - June 18, 2018