Last night was my other local bookclub (Cover Girls) meeting. It was so much FUN! There was tons of spirited conversation around books and evidently our picks for Feb were quite the passion inducing reads.
Feb 2016 Book Club Choices (all ratings are an average of those that finished the books)
- Historical: Lady Sarah’s Sinful Desires by Sophie Barnes (4.50)
This was liked by the people who read the whole thing. 2 people (me included) walked away from bookclub with book 2 of the series. Evidently the 2nd one is even better than the first according to the people who read it. Looking forward to getting to it! 4.5 (rating from those that finished it)
- Contemporary: The Secret Sister by Brenda Novak (3.50)
Oh the passionate conversation around this one was fantastic. While this was not a favorite read of those that were discussing it, it was the most passionate conversation of the evening. Brenda Novak has some great fan girls in our book club so that leads to some great discussions around her books. This one was centered mostly on the twist in the book, the beginning introduction, and expectations of authors that you adore. You had to be there but this was spectacular to watch.
- Romantic Suspense: Kill Without Mercy by Alexandra Ivy (4.00)
Overall this was pretty well liked. Those that read it agreed we would have liked a little more connection between the guys (and more background) and oddly a little more world building. The action and romance were quite good so most of us plan on continuing the series.
- Paranormal: Watchers by Dean Koontz (3.50)
This was an unusual choice for our bookclub but those that read it found it very interesting. We agreed that it isn’t so much typical horror but a bit of mystery, romance, and fringe. It was delightful to discuss something that was not a usual read for us.
- Paranormal: Magic Stars by Ilona Andrews (Novellette Rating: 4.00)
This is one of those reads that is later in the series than we normally pick. For those that were caught up on Kate Daniels, it was a total hit and a not miss (I happen to agree as I was one of those that read it/loved it/make it a non-skip). However for those not quite caught up they were a little lost. We all wanted more Derek and Julie!
- The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1) by Sarah MacLean
- More Than You Know (The Harrisons, #1) by Jennifer Gracen
- Extreme Honor (True Heroes, #1) by Piper J. Drake
- Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1) by Craig Schaefer
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #Promo #RomanceforRaices: A Soldier’s Christmas Wish by Vivien Arend /Narrated by Tatiana Sokolov - November 11, 2019
- #30DaysofThanks Day 10: #SultryListeners Winner Aaron Shedlock - November 11, 2019
- #30DaysofThanks Day 9: #SultryListeners Winner Teri Schnaubelt - November 10, 2019