Format: Audiobook, eBook, Paperback
Born Wild by Julie Ann Walker
Narrator: Abby Craden
Date Read: April 2017
She's got three rules:
1. Trust no one… Eve Edens has been abandoned, used, or manipulated by almost everyone she's ever met. Born into ridiculous wealth, she's dealt with the petty jealousies and sordid little resentments for nearly thirty years. But after three botched attempts on her life, she can no longer ignore the truth. Someone wants her dead.
2. Avoid the bad boys at all costs… William "Wild Bill" Reichert, the wonderfully sexy boy who abandoned her years ago, is back in town. Only he's no boy. Now he's a covert operative - and he's all man. When Eve hires Bill to help her discover who is behind the attacks, Bill soon comes to suspect it's someone much closer to Eve than she dares to believe.
3. And never fall for the same ruse twice… The search for the killer takes Bill and Eve deep into the dark secrets and strange world of the rich and famous, and into the heart of red-hot passion re-ignited by the peril that threatens to consume them both. But does Eve dare risk her heart on Bill a second time?
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Series: Black Knights #5
Also by this author: Hell for Leather, Hell or High Water, Hell on Wheels, In Rides Trouble, Rev It Up br> br>
Also in this series: Hell for Leather, Hell on Wheels, In Rides Trouble, Rev It Up, Hell for Leather
Read for Fun/Listened for Review (Library/Physical Copy/Tantor)
Overall Rating: 3.75
Character Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 3.50
Audio Rating: 4.00 (not part of the overall rating)
Quick Thoughts: Another reread for me!
Original Review circa 2015: I have wanted Eve and Bill’s story since book 2. They were the couple that I just needed to work their stuff out because it was so tense between them. The backstory did not disappoint! I like how it all resolved and mainly because the “blame” was well spread. That being said, the suspense part of Born Wild was a bit obvious. Nothing wrong with that because to me the bigger intrigue was what happened between the two. I admit I wanted a bit more with the ending but overall this did not disappoint.
Added Review 2017: I still wanted more from the end but enjoyed going through Eve/Bill again. I will have to say knowing their ending already made me laugh at times they got aggravated at each other. They are still that couple you want to work it out (and also freaking TALK)!
Narrated By Abby Craden / Length: 10 hrs and 16 mins
Abby did a fantastic job with Eve/Bill. This was a great listen! I am glad these first few were finally put out on audio!
Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! Reviews
- #FitReaders: Join us for July 2020 - July 1, 2020
- June is Audiobook Month:2012 Romantic Suspense Winner Kaleo Griffith - June 7, 2020
- June is Audiobook Month:2012 PNR Sultry Listeners Winner: Lorelei King - June 6, 2020