Blogger Confessions: Breaks are Good for the Soul
Hi y’all! I am so glad to be back from my 2 week hiatus. It was originally supposed to be one week for the big work project but I found I needed a recovery week. Sometimes life just happens that way. I missed the book blogging community something fierce during my time away but it was nice to have no responsibilities for a week (that first week I was working 24/7 so it wasn’t much of a break). I think my “blogging” soul needed it. When everything gets crazy sometimes you just need some breathing space to set everything back into place.
Here is what I mean when I take a break:
(NOTE: I should explain I have this weird rule that if I post that I make an effort to visit other people in the blogging community. This is because I truly enjoy seeing what people post, reading their thoughts, and having a conversation about books, release date pushbacks–looking at you KMM, and other bookish news. I try to be active and present when I am blogging.)
- I mark my reader (aka Bloglovin) as read every day. I will glance through the posts to see what everybody is up to but just a scroll through. I call it 15 min and done.
- I schedule any “have to” posts in advance aka FitReaders but I make sure that I am honest about not being around like normal.
- I put a global “out of office” on my blog so people don’t think I have just quit.
- I don’t write reviews.
- I watch more TV (this time 12 Monkeys The Series, Dominion, and Hannibal Season 2)
- I do a LOT more crafting
- I don’t read a lot though oddly I went to the library twice for crafting books!
- I am not on Twitter or FB a lot except for talking about dogs, crafts, and such LOL
Really a break for me a total step away from anything that feels like an obligation until I feel centered again. I also made it a point not to do anything home improvement this past weekend so that I could totally chalk it up to a “veg” weekend. In other words, I was just in the moment and it felt good.
I am now easing back into everything and so very glad to be back!
Do you ever need “life” breaks? How do you do it?
- Romance Authors of Color Fan Pick: Robin Covington - February 26, 2020
- #30SaturdaysofVivianArend: #Audiobook Rocky Mountain Heat - February 22, 2020
- Narrator Spotlight on Tim Paige - February 20, 2020