Hi! My name is a Felicia and I have a
slight complete addiction to series!
- Long Series
- Short Series
I love to revisit worlds I know and people who I care about. In fact, I have a hard time picking up a book if I know it is a stand alone. I hate to admit that because I know that there so many good reads that are stand alone. Due to the way I read though most books leave me wanting more at the end of the book about the best friend, the sister, the brother, or the guy down the street that had the dog. It is the side characters that always catch my attention because they are always a huge part of why the main couple works, why the cop catches the bad guy, or why the pie shop owner was able to track down the murderer. Without the side characters supporting the main characters the story would never be as rich. However, when side characters meet a reader like me then I want to know their story. It is a never-ending cycle.
I have also found this to be true no matter what genre I am reading. I will say the exception to this rule is thrillers because sometimes cops only have one good case! In the rest of them though, I am more likely to pick up a book if I know it is the beginning of a series. There are pitfalls to this though, series get cancelled early sometimes by publishers and you are left wanting. Your favorite character never gets their own book or is relegated to a novella. You have to wait a long time (sometimes a year or more) to get the next tale in the saga. The author ends the current book with a cliffhanger where one of your favorite side characters is in peril (these are the worst) and then makes you wait a year to find out what happens (I am looking at you KMM). All these things are the price we readers pay for the love of series reading. It is the chance we take but to be honest, I would take that chance every time because most of the time it works out just fine.
Here are the series I have tackled or continued so far this year:
- Love At Stake Series by Kerrelyn Sparks (I have read 9 and my love letters to them start next week)
- Otherworld Assassin by Gena Showalter (Only the first one is out but the 2nd one sounds great)
- Charmed Pie Shoppe Mysteries by Ellery Adams (I have read both)
- Women’s Murder Club by James Patterson (I have read 5 of them)
- Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep (I am totally caught up)
- The Rules of Scoundrals by Sarah MacLean (I am on book 2—LOVING IT)
- Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews (finally read book 1 and will be continuing)
- Lords of Deliverance by Larissa Ione (OMG OMG OMG)
- Sookie Stackhouse Mysteries by Charlaine Harris (Quietly rereading while waiting on the last book)
- White Trash Zombie series by Diana Rowland (Doing a ReRead and finished book 1)
- Nightkeepers by Jessica Andersen (I will finish this series this year)
- Envy Chronicles by Joss Ware (Caught Up)
- Demons of the Infernum by Rosalie Lario (On book 2)
- Nightwatcher Series by Wendy Corsi Staub (We broke up after book 3)
- Highland Pleasures by Jennifer Ashley (Can’t wait to continue on with the devilish brothers)
- The Montgomeries and The Armstrongs by Maya Banks (Counting Down to Book 3)
- Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas (Trying to decide where I stand with this series)
- Half Moon Hallow by Molly Harper (SNORT CLUB FTW)
- Renegade Angels by Sylvia Day (Only one more–not happy because there are so many untold stories there)
- Elder Races by Thea Harrison (Caught Up)
- Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian (Total Fan Girl)
- Wildfire Series by Ella Grace aka Christy Reece aka I will read anything by her!
I have read 50 books that count towards the Seriously Series Read challenge! I have enjoyed almost all of them. Only 19 books I have read this year do not count towards this number though I am sure they will down the line. What do I mean about that? The author wasn’t specific on whether it was a launch on a new series but I have my suspicions! The other (more likely) scenario, I have mislabeled them in goodreads. I will be going through my list this weekend to make sure they are all up to date!
So what kind of reader are you?
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #SultryListeners 2018 Contemporary Romance Finals #LoveAudiobooks @MLSimmons - August 16, 2018
- #SultryListeners 2018 Round 1 PNR & Romantic Suspense Nominees with links to their Audible - August 13, 2018
- #SultryListeners Romantic Suspense Semi-Finals 2018 @mlsimmons #LoveAudiobooks - August 11, 2018