WOW Y’all! My first post was Dec 8 2008 (unfortunately that post did not make the move from Blogger to WordPress)! That was when I switched from personal blogging to book blogging. Back then my blog was named Flea’s Book Blog. I didn’t know there was a book blogging community (that took over a year to find) and there really were no rules. It is funny to think that I have been at this for 6 years now.
What has changed on this blog:
- I have been through 3 names but Geeky Bloggers Book Blog has been around for 4 of the 6 years.
- I went from Blogger to WordPress
- I went from 72 posts the first year to over 250 average the last 3 years
- This blog is now more than just counting the number of books I read in a year. Which leads too….
- My original goal of 100 books in a year (which I didn’t make) has turned into 200 books in a year which I almost always make
- About 3 years ago I switched over to mostly audiobooks because that is what I mostly read
- 4 years ago I found NetGalley
- This year I quit NetGalley
- 3 years ago I found Edelweiss
- This year I finally got all my reviews (for old books) into Edelweiss
- My design has changed a few times including in the last month
- My goal to have fun while reading has not changed.
- I have gone from taking requests for reviews to not accepting review requests
- I have gone from doing a blog tour every week (sometimes twice) to doing maybe 4 a year.
- I hosted my first year long challenge in 2014 (Book Blog Walkers) and it was fun
- I have made lots of good blogging neighbors that I work with on special events
- I have made even more good reading friends that have influenced the direction of the content of the blog (the types of books I read)
- I wrote a book (Haven’t edited it and don’t know that I will—but I did fulfill that dream of words on paper that my 14 year old self had)
- I have seen lots of drama
- I have seen a lot more goodwill and giving though
- I have met lots of people at conferences (which I didn’t even know about pre-book blogging)
- I have made a ton of friends
- I found out that reading is no longer a solitary hobby!
- I have found so many people, blogs, authors, narrators, and books to be thankful for.
- I host 2 book clubs
What I see changing this coming year:
- Blogging vacations–I did that this year due to a work project but it really energized me. I see taking 2 weeks off per quarter.
- More reading off my TBR–I cut taking review requests. I fell back in love with the library. I found that I like reading stuff that has been out for years.
- More re-reading–something I used to do all the time and did a bit of this year. I LOVE IT!
- More variety–there will be crafting posts and fitness posts
- Shorter reviews–I find I enjoy reading more when not pressured to write “brilliantly” about my thoughts. So Read It, Rate It, File It, and Done will probably become the normal around here.
- Book Discussions–since I will be reading some rather older series there might be more book discussion posts
- Challenges–I will be hosting 2 this year (with co-hosts). Book Blog Walkers will be back with a new name and co-host That’s What I’m Talking About. The Book Nympho and I are hosting a Snagged @ The Library reading challenge.
What won’t be changing:
- Still co-hosting the Best of 2014 Audiobook Blog Hop with Hot Listens and The Book Nympho
- I believe we are still doing The Sultry Listener Awards this coming year
- 30 Days of Thanks will back in November
I love all of you! I know I would not have made 6 years without the friendships that I have formed. The love of reading is what started this and I am glad to say it is still alive and well in me. Thank you all for the friendship, support, laughs, good reads, and good listens. Here is to another year of fun!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- #30DaysOfThanks2017 Day 23: Marian Hussey #LoveAudiobooks - November 23, 2017
- #30DaysOfThanks2017 Day 22: Tangled Up in Tinsel by Candis Terry - November 22, 2017
- #30DaysOfThanks2017 Day 22 Narrator: Rachel Fulginiti #LoveAudiobooks - November 22, 2017