Blogger Confession: Author Events for Marissa Meyer and Maya Banks
I have had a busy couple of weeks with book related events. As a reader, I love it! I can’t tell you how much I love living in a town that caters to readers!
Feb 8th: Marissa Meyer at the Irving Public Library. I attended this book event with Amy from @bookgoonie and my friend Kelley! It was a delightful signing. Marissa Meyer has a sparkling personality that comes across in her writing and in person. She truly delights in what she gets to do for a living. She is a true geek and her hubby is delightfully supportive. I think we all fell a little in love with her :)
I lost my notes from this event :(
Feb 16th: I went to see Maya Banks at the Angelika Dallas Theater. This event was put on by @FreshFiction. Maya was wonderful. I was surprised at how personable and funny she was. I had heard she is really shy but that didn’t come across at all. She was sweet and stuck around till she signed everyone’s books. She didn’t have a limit and I know there were a few with big bags full. I was lucky that a bunch of my book club friends were there so we got to be giggly all together. I highly recommend going to signings with friends because they are always more fun. Maya answered questions on all of her series and gave hints of things to come! The one I cared most about: Steele’s book will be more romantic as he is the strong silent type. So much tamer than PJs but much more Steele’s personality. I squeed at that :)
Here are some notes from this event:
- For Writers: Writing is a job. You just need to sit down and do it. You can fix a scene but not a blank page. You can’t call up your editor and say sorry the muse hasn’t shown up. You need to just sit down and do it.
- Maya Banks writes like she reads…. she let’s the story unfold as she writes.
- Maya Banks is a straight line writer. She Likes to delve into the world and finish the story before starting the next book.
- Maya Banks loves writing different types of books. It keeps it fresh for her.
- Maya Banks is an ender too! She loves to have a great ending.
- The Sweet Series spinoff will be more sexy contemporary than erotica. I am excited about this :)
In her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children both named after book characters: Tonks a beautiful Lab/Pyr mix and Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix.She also spends times with friends, family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
My Google Profile
Find us on Google+
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Read It File It Audio Review: Then Came You by Jill Shalvis - August 28, 2014
- Read It File It Audio Review:Mr Mercedes by Stephen King - August 28, 2014
- Read It File It: Crossfire Trail by Louis L’Amour - August 27, 2014