Monthly Balancing the Book Budget Check-In!
- I can purchase 2 books a month (Either Kindle or Paperback form)
- I can use my audible credits (2 a month). So if I hit a 3 for 2 sale score for me but I will not be purchasing additional credits in a month.
- I can use my Discover a New Love credit every month. (I actually have 2 saved up that will be used at some time too)
- I can make 1 book club purchase a month. I had to add this in because I don’t always read the same books my book clubs do. I have 2 book clubs so this does pose a bit of a problem as they don’t often pick the same book and one of the 2 I run. However, I did not want to add 2 books to my purchase total. Sometimes I will have to go strictly for the social aspect or get the book from the library.
- I can download free books but must track them.
- I can receive books as gifts or win them but must track them. (This is includes giveaway books from blogs, contests, Library Thing, and Goodreads)
- I can request/receive no more than 2 (paper or kindle) books per month for review. Once I am caught up from last years requests I might up that to 3 but right now I need to catch up.
- I can continue to request Brilliance Audiobooks for review but no more than 5 of those. I knock these out pretty quickly and audiobooks are something that I adore.
- I will keep track of total dollars spent on all book related activities: dinners for book clubs, conventions, book related expenses, etc.
2013 Balancing the Book Budget Totals
Books Purchased/Dollar Amounts (4): Dang OVER!
- One Good Earl Deserves a Lover: The Second Rule of Scoundrels by Sarah MacLean $7.57 (READ)
- Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris $8.65 (READ)
- Dead in the Family: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) by Charlaine Harris $8.65 (READ)
- Once Her Man, Always Her Man: A 1 Night Stand Story: Always a Marine, Book 1(Audiobook) by Heather Long ($1.99)
Total Spent: 26.86
Audiobook Credits (3) used: I still have 1 unused credits for when something screams at me 🙂
- Deadly Sting (Digital Audiobook) by Jennifer Estep (READ)
- A Rogue by Any Other Name (Digital Audiobook) by Sarah MacLean (READ)
- (PRE-Order) Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris
Book Club Purchase (1): It was cheaper to get the combo ebook/audio than the audio on its own.
- Die For Me by Cynthia Eden ($4.32)/Die for Me: A Novel of the Valentine Killer (Digital Audiobook) ($2.15) (READ)
Total Spent: $6.47
Books for Review (Physical, Edelweiss, NetGalley, Blog Tour) (9): Went way over though I did make sure that they were spread over the next few months.
- Bare it All by Lori Foster (Blog Tour)
- Highlander Most Wanted by Maya Banks (Edelweiss/Released/Read)
- The Marrying Season by Candace Camp (Edelweiss/April 23)
- What a Duke Desires by Sabrina Jeffries (Edelweiss/June 18)
- Exposed by Laura Griffin (Edelweiss/June 25)
- Caged Warrior by Lindsey Piper (Edelweiss/June 25)
- Night Demon by Lisa Kessler (NetGalley/Released)
- Taking Shots by Toni Aleo (NetGalley/April 23)
- Trying to Score by Toni Aleo (NetGalley/April 23)
Discover a New Love Credits (3): I have one banked for another day
- A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett
- The Geek Girl and The Scandalous Early by Gina Lamm
- Cowboy Tough by Joanne Kennedy
Audiobooks for Review (2): My books from Brilliance did not make it in before the end of the month
- Dark Desires After Dark by Kresley Cole (Simon and Schuster)
- A Long Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter (Simon and Schuster)
Books Won (6):
- The Charmed: Book One of a Trilogy by Christine Wenrick
- Won a basket from Christie Craig/CC Hunter (5 Books included)
Book Events (2):
- Dinner with Vicki Pettersson
- Dreaming in Dallas Book Signing
Total Spent: Dinners were around $40.00
Books Gifted (2):
- Lover At Last: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
- Time Untime (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Freebies are tracked on Goodreads
Books I added to the shelves this month: 32
Books I read this month: 22 (I didn’t meet my goal this month DARN IT)
Seriously Series Reads: 15
TBR Tipping (Books Purchased before 1/1/13): 13
Review Books: 1
New Purchases/Gifts Read (Books Purchased after 3/1/13): 7
Goodreads 200 book challenge: 64 of 200
Overall not a great month BUT not completely out of control! I am actually quite surprised how well I am holding to my budget. This month was hard though as I had to pass by many books that I actually really wanted. Where is my book fairy godmother LOL
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Donna’s Review:The Hellion by Christi Caldwell - April 18, 2018
- In My Ear: Audiobook Releases April 17 2018 - April 17, 2018
- Donna’s Review: Dressage Dreaming by Kimberly Beckett - April 16, 2018