Monthly Balancing the Book Budget Check-In!
- I can purchase 2 books a month (Either Kindle or Paperback form)
- I can use my audible credits (2 a month). So if I hit a 3 for 2 sale score for me but I will not be purchasing additional credits in a month.
- I can use my Discover a New Love credit every month. (I actually have 2 saved up that will be used at some time too)
- I can make 1 book club purchase a month. I had to add this in because I don’t always read the same books my book clubs do. I have 2 book clubs so this does pose a bit of a problem as they don’t often pick the same book and one of the 2 I run. However, I did not want to add 2 books to my purchase total. Sometimes I will have to go strictly for the social aspect or get the book from the library.
- I can download free books but must track them.
- I can receive books as gifts or win them but must track them. (This is includes giveaway books from blogs, contests, Library Thing, and Goodreads)
- I can request/receive no more than 2 (paper or kindle) books per month for review. Once I am caught up from last years requests I might up that to 3 but right now I need to catch up.
- I can continue to request Brilliance Audiobooks for review but no more than 5 of those. I knock these out pretty quickly and audiobooks are something that I adore.
- I will keep track of total dollars spent on all book related activities: dinners for book clubs, conventions, book related expenses, ect.
January 2013 Balancing the Book Budget Totals
Book Purchased (2): The How of Happiness by Sonja Lyubomirsky ($12.96) and Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson ($2.11) = $15.07
Audiobook Credits (2) used: AudibleListener® Platinum Membership – Monthly: $22.95 a month (I have already listened to both of these): Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and Widow’s Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) by Jennifer Estep. I did get 3 extra credits this month but did not use them. That means for the next 3 months I can only buy 1 book instead of 2 in paper/kindle. It was habit to buy extra credits and dang it I fell for it!
Book Club Purchase (0): I won one of the books and I am borrowing another so no money spent!
Books for Review (Physical, Edelweiss, NetGalley) (2):
A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #3) by Molly Harper (Edelweiss) and Is It Me or My Hormones?: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly about PMS, Perimenopause, and all the Crazy Things that Occur with Hormone Imbalance by Marcelle Pick (NetGalley)
*I want to say that I got 3 approves from books I requested in December which was a little sad. I had completely forgot I requested them. I am not counting them because I didn’t request them this month but in the effort of full disclosure thought I would mention them.*
I am starting back up my personal blog in Feb (focusing on my health, wealth, and life) and this just fit in with some things I am dealing with right now. Once you hit 40, I tell you things just are different with your body!
Audiobooks for Review (0): I didn’t request any for January
Discover a New Love Credit (1): For the Love of a Goblin Warrior by Shona Husk
Thank you Stephanie from Once Upon a Chapter
Thank you Library Thing
Books Gifted (4): The first 3 are from a Groupon that I bought last November as a Birthday gift to myself and a friend (I got her one too). Warrior Enchanted (Sons of the Zodiac, #4) by Addison Fox, Shadow Heir (Dark Swan, #4) by Richelle Mead, Vampire Dragon (Works Like Magick, #3) by Annette Blair, and Road Trip of the Living Dead (Amanda Feral, #2) by Mark Henry (from my friend Wendy as a surprise gift)
Freebies are tracked on Goodreads
Books I added to the shelves this month: 13
Books I read this month: 21
Seriously Series Reads: 10
TBR Tipping (Books Purchased before 1/1/13): 12
Review Books: 6
New Purchases/Gifts Read (Books Purchased after 1/1/13): 4
Goodreads 200 book challenge: 21 of 200
Overall I started out the year strong! I can totally stick to it! YES I CAN! (Yes I am saying that to myself over and over and over and over till I believe it LOL)
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile