Monthly Balancing the Book Budget Check-In!
- I can purchase 2 books a month (Either Kindle or Paperback form)
- I can use my audible credits (2 a month). So if I hit a 3 for 2 sale score for me but I will not be purchasing additional credits in a month.
- I can use my Discover a New Love credit every month. (I actually have 2 saved up that will be used at some time too)
- I can make 1 book club purchase a month. I had to add this in because I don’t always read the same books my book clubs do. I have 2 book clubs so this does pose a bit of a problem as they don’t often pick the same book and one of the 2 I run. However, I did not want to add 2 books to my purchase total. Sometimes I will have to go strictly for the social aspect or get the book from the library.
- I can download free books but must track them.
- I can receive books as gifts or win them but must track them. (This is includes giveaway books from blogs, contests, Library Thing, and Goodreads)
- I can request/receive no more than 2 (paper or kindle) books per month for review. Once I am caught up from last years requests I might up that to 3 but right now I need to catch up.
- I can continue to request Brilliance Audiobooks for review but no more than 5 of those. I knock these out pretty quickly and audiobooks are something that I adore.
- I will keep track of total dollars spent on all book related activities: dinners for book clubs, conventions, book related expenses, etc.
- Armchair Audie purchases don’t count towards this as I am really excited about participating!
Feb 2013 Balancing the Book Budget Totals
Books Purchased/Dollar Amounts (6): I bought more than 2 books BUT the Vicki Pettersson books have been on my wishlist forever! They were .99 each! So I spent way less that I would have on 2 books 🙂
Total Spent: $6.42
- The Scent of Shadows (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 1) by Vicki Pettersson
- The Taste of Night (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 2) by Vicki Pettersson
- The Touch of Twilight (Sign of the Zodiac, Book 3) by Vicki Pettersson
- City of Souls (Sign of the Zodiac) by Vicki Pettersson
- Cheat the Grave: The Fifth Sign of the Zodiac by Vicki Pettersson
- The Neon Graveyard (Sign of the Zodiac) by Vicki Pettersson
Audiobook Credits (2) used: I still have 3 unused credits for when something screams at me 🙂
Total Spent: $22.95 (Armchair Audie purchases $10.00)
- (2 for 1 buy): Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks (ARMCHAIR AUDIE) (READ)
- (2 for 1 buy): To Tame a Highland Warrior by Karen Marie Moning
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (READ)
- (Freebie): Undead in my Bed by Molly Harper
- (Armchair Audie) The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie: Highland Pleasures, Book 1 by Jennifer Ashley
- (Armchair Audie) My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland
Book Club Purchase (1):
Total Spent: $5.40
- The Seventh Victim by Mary Burton
Books for Review (Physical, Edelweiss, NetGalley) (3): Went over by 1
- Mark of the Sylph by Rosalie Lario
- Before the Mission Begins by Christi Snow (READ)
- Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead
Discover a New Love Credits (2): I still have 3 extra credits to use..
X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts
- Cowboy Tough by Joanne Kennedy
Audiobooks for Review (5):
- Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas (READ)
- Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep (READ)
- A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day (READ)
- A Hunger So Wild by Sylvia Day (READ)
- Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
Books Won (2):
- From xAurianx: Desire Untamed by Pamela Palmer
- From Library Thing: Midnight Secrets by Ella Grace (READ)
Book Events (2):
Total Spent: $62.00
- Marissa Meyer: Hard Copies of Cinder and Scarlett Signed ($18.50 per book)
- Maya Banks: Soft Copy of Rush (Included in event price-$25.00)
Books Gifted (1):
- Demon Hunting In a Dive Bar by Lexi George
Freebies are tracked on Goodreads
Books I added to the shelves this month: 27
Books I read this month: 22
Seriously Series Reads: 19
TBR Tipping (Books Purchased before 1/1/13): 10
Review Books: 10
New Purchases/Gifts Read (Books Purchased after 2/1/13): 2
Goodreads 200 book challenge: 44 of 200 (Great work, you’re 13 books (6%) ahead of schedule.)