It is that time again: Balancing the Book Budget 2014 is about to commence!
I did really well last year spending $1000 less than I did the year before and even though I didn’t make my overall goal–I AM HAPPY! This year is a little different as I have something huge happening in my life and my purse strings are going to be tight! So my book budget was one of the first things to go but fortunately for me I have awesome family and friends so the Gift Cards I got for Christmas/My Birthday should tie me over.
This is my goal for 2014: Spend less than $150 on books for the year!
What does that mean exactly: Before you start to hyperventilate on my behalf it should be noted that I have 24 credits with audible for audiobooks, $350 in Gift Cards to Amazon for books, a library card, and review audiobooks.
Here are my rules:
- All books must be bought with Christmas/Birthday/Just Because Gift Money. I can only go $150 over that for the year (this is the amount of money in my change can) and I am guessing all of that will be on audiobooks in one form or another (either add-on deal or extra 3 credits)
- I am not tracking review books this year. I am going to start only requesting books from NetGalley and Edelweiss from authors I read currently.
- I must read/listen to 5 books off my TBR a month! Time to start knocking those suckers off my list!
That is all there is to my rules this year! I will be doing a monthly post again tracking my progress! Let the year of spending wisely start!
During her non-reading time you can find her hanging with her rescue furr children named after book characters: Lizzie a beautiful cattle dog mix (Pound Pup), Cinder a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Pound Pup), and Minerva a beautiful Shep/Pitt mix (Foster Fail). Gathering with friends and family, attending conventions, watching movies/tv shows, rooting for the 49rs, and crocheting.
If you want to follow her DIY, Health, and Life adventures check out Mess to Best
My Google Profile
Latest posts by Felicia S (see all)
- Audiobook Review: So I Married a Sorcerer by Kerrelyn Sparks @StMartinsPress @recordedbooks - October 19, 2017
- Rate It File It Review: Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis @avonbooks - October 19, 2017
- Audiobook Review: The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean @HarperAudio @avonbooks - October 18, 2017