It is that time again: Balancing the Book Budget 2014 is about to commence!
I did really well last year spending $1000 less than I did the year before and even though I didn’t make my overall goal–I AM HAPPY! This year is a little different as I have something huge happening in my life and my purse strings are going to be tight! So my book budget was one of the first things to go but fortunately for me I have awesome family and friends so the Gift Cards I got for Christmas/My Birthday should tie me over.
This is my goal for 2014: Spend less than $150 on books for the year!
What does that mean exactly: Before you start to hyperventilate on my behalf it should be noted that I have 24 credits with audible for audiobooks, $350 in Gift Cards to Amazon for books, a library card, and review audiobooks.
Here are my rules:
- All books must be bought with Christmas/Birthday/Just Because Gift Money. I can only go $150 over that for the year (this is the amount of money in my change can) and I am guessing all of that will be on audiobooks in one form or another (either add-on deal or extra 3 credits)
- I am not tracking review books this year. I am going to start only requesting books from NetGalley and Edelweiss from authors I read currently.
- I must read/listen to 5 books off my TBR a month! Time to start knocking those suckers off my list!
That is all there is to my rules this year! I will be doing a monthly post again tracking my progress! Let the year of spending wisely start!
- #FitReaders: Join us for December 2020 - December 1, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018 Their Rebellious Submissive Office Intrigue By: Nicole Edwards Narrated by: Tor Thom, Charley Ongel - November 13, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Rip Cord By: Jeanne St. James Narrated by: John Solo - November 12, 2020