Hi Y’all! It is November and I am bringing back #30DaysOfThanks for Year 3 aka #30DaysOfThanks2014. I had so much fun doing this last 2 years that I thought I would recycle the program again this year.
Book: Jane Austen Cover to Cover by Margaret C Sullivan
This one I read during Dewey’s and it was absolutely delightful. It went on my Jane Austen shelf!
Jane Austen’s six novels are true classics, still immensely popular some 200 years after their first publication. But although the celebrated stories never change, the covers are always different. Jane Austen Cover to Cover compiles two centuries of design, from elegant Victorian hardcovers and the famed 1894 “Peacock” edition to 1950s pulp, movie tie-in editions, graphic novels, foreign-language translations, and many, many others. Filled with beautiful artwork and insightful commentary, this fascinating and visually intriguing collection is a must for Janeites, design geeks, and book lovers of every stripe.
Blogger: Midnight Book Girl
What can I say about Kate: Kate is a horror loving bestie! Seriously, this girl makes me laugh every day. She also tends to be as an eclectic reader as me. She brings out my horror loving ways but is also one of the few people that I trust to recommend certain YA reads to me. She gives great recommendations and her blog is great! Go give her some love!
Narrator: Katherine Kellgren
Some of the books narrated by her that I love:
- Rhys Bowen’s Royal Spyness Series (SO MUCH LOVE)
- Enchanted by Alethea Kontis
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Some of the books narrated by her on my wishlist:
- Ashes Series by Ilsa J Bick
- The Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen
- Aralorn series by Patricia Briggs
- Austenland by Shannon Hale
This year Fantasy is More Fun & Because Reading are doing a Month of Giving Thanks giving you a chance to participate. You should take them up on the opportunity!
NOTE: This year I switched it up a bit for the first 12 days: I will highlight one book from 2014 that really stuck with me (each book scored a 4.75 or 5 from me), one narrator that landed on my must listen list, and one blogger that I am thankful for! For days 13 to 30 I will highlight either 2 bloggers and 1 narrator OR 2 narrators and 1 blogger. These are not in any particular order and by no means is 30 going to cover everyone that I love. In fact this year in both the narrator and blogger categories I had way over 30 (Yet with books I only had 12 “new to me this year” reads that ranked above a 4.75). Narrowing narrators/bloggers down broke my heart so I am changing the format a bit! Hopefully, I can squeeze in everyone I want too!
- #FitReaders: Join us for December 2020 - December 1, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018 Their Rebellious Submissive Office Intrigue By: Nicole Edwards Narrated by: Tor Thom, Charley Ongel - November 13, 2020
- #30DaysOfThanks2020 #SultryListeners : 2018Rip Cord By: Jeanne St. James Narrated by: John Solo - November 12, 2020